Do you have a desire to test yourself on the slopes of the Stelvio, on foot or on bike?
Don’t miss the most classic of all the summer events in Bormio, the Re Stelvio Mapei Day 2016, on July 10.
Already in its 32nd edition, this competition is one of a kind: runners and cyclists, amateur and professional, meet at the starting gate to tackle the mythical climb of the Stelvio in complete security, with the road closed to traffic for the day.
1,533 metres of climbing, 2,758 metres above sea level at the summit and…..plenty of fun!
- 8.50 a.m.: Half marathon (for FIDAL’s and sport promotion insitutions’ members only);
- 9.00 a.m.: running event open to everyone;
- 9.15 a.m.: Re Stelvio – Mapei competitive cycle race – 32nd edition (for FCI’s and Italian National Cycling Commission’ members only) – start for the Female Cycle Race;
- 9.30 a.m.: Re Stelvio – Mapei competitive cycle race – 32nd edition (for FCI’s and Italian National Cycling Commission’ members only) – start for the Male Cycle Race;
- afterwards: “Aldo Sassi” memorial bike ride (for all those interested, alongside champions of the former Mapei Professional Cycling Team and other sport VIPs);
- 2.00 p.m.: timelimit for all participants;
- 4.00 p.m.: prize-giving ceremony in Piazza del Kuerc, in Bormio
Info and registrations
The registrations are officially open from April 1st to July 7th
Registration fee: € 30 (for entries from April 1st to June 30th) – € 40 (for entries from July 1st to July 7th)
For further information visit the official website.
What are you waiting for? Book now – your room in our Bike Hotel Olimpia B&B a Bormio:
You will find all the facilities needed for an enjoyable stay, including for families.